The Magic Within
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Magic Within

A post Potter forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Time of Year
July 2016
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (AU Post-Potter)
Official Business (Open) EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 10:02 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Veela's Lore
Official Business (Open) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 11:57 am by Admin

» Hogwarts & Beyond - IN URGENT NEED OF NEW MEMBERS!
Official Business (Open) EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 10:50 am by Guest

» Face Claims
Official Business (Open) EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 12:27 pm by Admin

» Your Lovely Admins
Official Business (Open) EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 12:44 am by Admin

» House Equivalents
Official Business (Open) EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 12:36 am by Admin

» Site Rules (MUST READ) Work in progres
Official Business (Open) EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 12:24 am by Admin

» Didn't plan for her to meet my parents so soon, but... [Cel]
Official Business (Open) EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 1:51 am by Josh Dragomir

» Face Claims
Official Business (Open) EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 2:58 am by Liu Yan

Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 23 on Mon May 29, 2023 2:53 pm

Official Business (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Celaena Nightingale
Unsorted
Unsorted
Celaena Nightingale

Official Business (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 11:44 pm

Celaena was a traveller, a lady of the Court now that she has turned eighteen and whenever there was official business in any of the Elven Villages, she is to attend. Her mind was set on going, to follow her father to the ends of the earth if need be but unfortunately, he had to stay around the castle as he was the War councillor and he felt the need to be there. So Celaena, being the woman that she was, wanted to go to the Villages and see what they required; be it resources or simply someone to talk to. She wished to be the person that would bring smiles to peoples faces, like she did in the castle as a child.

Her mind flitted to her brother, who's location was unknown to her today but she did not worry, knowing that if he needed her, she'd know. She found herself in one of the smaller elven villages, not that the size meant any different to Celaena. It still meant someone needed her help and she'd try her hardest to do so. As always the earth's song hummed in appreciation as she walked through the enchanted gates and she was immediately enchanted by the happy energy every one seemed to have. People danced in the streets, singing along to the band that played and they twirled their partners around whilst vendors sold flowers in the streets, one placing a rose in Celaena's hair as she walked through the crowds and the stem seemed to latch onto her braid, growing and twirling itself within the braid so it stayed in. A vendors trick but one she wasn't displeased about.

The music began to get to her, her eyes latching onto the multitudes of creatures and she began to realise what this place was. It was not only an Elven village but a hub for all those creatures who desire a place of healing and happiness so she'd see even vampires in the sun, smiling at other creatures. She began to dance, her hair swaying around her body and her skirt also, it lifting up to reveal her ivy like markings upon her legs but she continued to dance, laughing joyously amongst the other people. She began to swirl, her feet hopping now and again but she twirled so much, she fell into someone and a furious blush danced along her ivory cheeks. "Forgive me!" Celaena called out, her voice clearly intoxicated with the happy energy around her but it was easily seen that she did feel bad for falling into the person.
Back to top Go down
Josh Dragomir
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Josh Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 6:20 pm

Why was he here again?

Oh right, the elf.

He couldn't remember how, or why, or in what fashion, but he had met one of the villages denizens a good while ago, and had been invited to the village as a result to visit. He hadn't thought much of it, really, the poor sod had been beset by a mugger in Diagon Alley while Josh was there on back to school shopping business, and unlike others who saw the pointy ears and walked away, the blonde haired Gryffindor had instead decided to turn and blast the mugger in the face. If he was to be an Auror when he graduated, then he couldn't focus on petty things such as race. There was a mugger. He was there. It was a given that he'd turn around and blast the mugger in the face. So mugger had gone flying, nobody said anything because, well, yeah, everyone had seen it flat out rob the poor elf. Just because they didn't want to help didn't mean that it was against the law for Josh to just blast a mugger no matter who they robbed.

Regardless of circumstances, Josh had gone and visited his newfound friend, who was definitely a lot more grateful then he'd expected, but he didn't mind accepting the invitation if it made them happy. He'd finished his business here, and was getting ready to head out when just as he stepped into the square, trying to avoid the dancers so as not to cause a scene by being one of the few humans here, a woman, around his age, would bump into him.

Well, more like crash into him really.

Being about 6'2 or 6'3, Josh didn't really fall back at all. Instead he looked down at the elven woman who'd fallen, and instead of saying anything he simply smiled and offered his hand to help her to her feet.
Back to top Go down
Celaena Nightingale
Unsorted
Unsorted
Celaena Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 6:34 pm

Celaena stared up at him, her dark waves having fallen in front of her face and she delicately shook her head, allowing her emerald eyes to latch onto him with a kind smile. Sliding her hand into his, she noticed how much larger his hands were compared to her own and she noticed how his ears weren't pointed. She realised he must just be a human and she couldn't help but feel excited as she lacked human interaction. 

The Elf lifted herself up from the ground, her hand still in his before using them both to remove the possible dirt from her backside. "Thank you, Sir. I'm really sorry for falling into you." She said, her tone a little quieter as she bowed her head. Like she would've if there was a person of higher rank. "Is there anything I can do to make up for it? I feel awfully bad." Celaena admitted, her smile soft and gentle and she clasped her hands together, keeping her eyes locked onto the man, the human, in front of her.
Back to top Go down
Josh Dragomir
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Josh Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 6:44 pm

Well, he got that a lot. The large hands part, I mean. Seriously, why were his hands so big? He also had big feet apparently, and you know what they say about folks with big feet...

Another question was, how did he get here? Well, he'd apparated, obviously. How the hell else would he have gotten here all the way from fucking England? Well, regardless, he noted the way she looked at him as his fingers laced between hers as he would pull her up. Being distracted by the way she was staring at him, likely as she had just realized that his ears weren't pointy and probably couldn't be used to stab someone, caused him to pull a bit more roughly then he had intended to, and of course combining that with underestimating his own strength, he was forced to use his other hand to grab hold of her - because he'd accidentally pulled hard enough that her head was about to collide with his own! The awkward-looking, and definitely awkward-feeling result was his nose being pressed to hers, and having an arm wrapped around her waist from when he had tried to keep her from accidentally headbutting him.

With that, he would gently let her go, first removing his arm from her waist, then slowly releasing his fingers from her own and letting go of her hand - and then afterword stepping back a few paces to give the girl some blasted space. An exhale escaped him after that, and he silently cursed himself for not being more cautious. Her apology caused him to shake his head.

'No, it's fine, I should have been more careful" He spoke softly with a gentle smile. "I should be apologizing for pulling too hard. I got distracted" He would admit with a light chuckle. He shook his head again when she offered to make it up to him.

"No, no, I couldn't possibly ask a thing of you. I especially couldn't ask anything of the sort from a beautiful woman" He joked in turn with that usual cheeky grin of his.
Back to top Go down
Celaena Nightingale
Unsorted
Unsorted
Celaena Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 6:54 pm

Celaena gasped in surprise at the hard pull, her lithe body not being exactly used to people handling her in a way in such a nice situation. She understood it when she was training to fight but she had only fallen into him. She refrained a scowl of confusion, her mind wandering why exactly he would've done that but then she realised she must've stared for too long. A dark dusting of red danced across her cheeks and remembering that their noses had been so close together, it only grew darker and couldn't help but let a sigh of relief at the space given.

Celaena stared down at the ground, her usual confidence destroyed by the fact he grew too charming. How cruel of him. She afterall had danced without looking and fell into him and it only made her feel worse because she had stared at him, causing him to pull her hard due to herself being a distraction. Are humans always so polite? Celaena thought to herself and gave him a smile, tucking her hair behind her ear. "You flatter me, sir but I assure you. I'm one of the Elven Council members. If there is anything you need, I can get it to you in a moments notice. It's the least I can do for me being so careless." Celaena scolded herself, beaming a smile up at the man before scolding herself further. "Introductions are in order. Celaena Nightingale at your service!"
Back to top Go down
Josh Dragomir
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Josh Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 7:13 pm

He didn't blame her at all for causing the distraction, of course, it was his fault for pulling the way he had. Usually, he had a good indicator of his own strength, and tended not to do such a thing, and he still felt bad for making the mistake. Especially as he'd put the poor girl into an awkward position like that without meaning to. Moreso since she was a stranger. Sadie, perhaps, who he'd known, joked with and traded banter with for years, wouldn't have minded and probably would have just used it as another platform to joke around with him. But this poor woman didn't know him at all, not to mention by the way she looked at him likely didn't tend to see humans much and might very well have been scared shitless by it. He notably bit his lip, as all of this was clearly on his mind, but he tried to push it aside as she spoke. As for all humans being this polite though... Well, if she asked, he probably wouldn't give her false hope. Humans were just as flawed as any other race, after all. He just knew when to do the right thing when presented to him. Perhaps recklessly so at times. He'd been in a coma some time ago, but couldn't remember exactly why, his memory of the event was still foggy from the head trauma he had sustained. All he remembered was being told later that what he did was stupid by his own family and friends, while complete strangers, parents of a couple of young children from Hogwarts, had burst into his Mungos room in hysterics and hugged him and said so much that he couldn't wrap his head around it all.

The Elven Council? He had heard bits and pieces here and there from his new friend, but he didn't exactly know what they were. But a laugh escaped him at that, and he shook his head. "Sweetheart, you just walked into me. It's not a big deal He spoke softly. She clearly was a nice girl, clearly indeed - but he really didn't think he deserved anything simply because she walked into him. "But I suppose I'll keep it in mind, if you insist."

Then she would introduce herself, and he would smile in turn. "Josh Dragomir. I'm a Hogwarts student from England" He would introduce. Sure, he could have brought up that he was from a known and respected pureblood family, but what did that matter? Especially to an elf who wouldn't know of these things. Besides, he wasn't a fan of inflating it as though he were important, like -some- Pureblood families liked to. Ugh.

"Was visiting a friend who I met not long ago over there. Mugger knocked him loopy and tried to run off with what little gold he had, so I just kind of blasted the sod in the face and returned the man's gold. Apparently something was going on in his village and he insisted I attend, at least to visit" The blonde would explain afterword, knowing she was likely curious as to why a human would be here to begin with. Especially if she was on the Elven Council. Part of him wanted to apologize on behalf of his fellow man for only him intervening, but... Something told him that it would be misunderstood. That would be a matter for talking about later. And at the same time... Perhaps that was not his matter to discuss.
Back to top Go down
Celaena Nightingale
Unsorted
Unsorted
Celaena Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 8:17 pm

Celaena's cheeks lightened, her embarrassment fading as he so kindly reassured her that it was alright. She knew some humans are horrid, much like other people within their own race but she could only name a handful of humans she had actually met but even then, it was only when she was newborn elf. Her mind was sharper than most but even then, their faces were a faded memory. She watched him bite his lip and was curious to know what thought was capturing him so completely.

His introduction was polite, something she enjoyed and she recalled the last name. Despite having not really met that many humans, she was taught to learn everything about them and remember those that were respected, in case they were in need of allies. Whilst she knew of every respected and wealthy family in the world, she hardly cared at the fact. The thing that got her was the mention of Hogwarts, her eyes sparkling in great interest but she did not ask, it was a mortal holiday at the moment and she knew that the mention of education put a downer on tit. "I know of your family. It's a pleasure to meet you, Josh." She said, finding how honest she was at the fact. Usually meeting people bothered Celaena but he wasn't so bad, his intentions kind, especially when he spoke about why he was here.

Celaena didn't fight the gasp, her mind startled at the fact that someone could be so rude to another and she shook her head, her brow furrow in displeasure. "I must say, you did good harming the mugger. That's very noble of you." She complimented and then looked around, her gaze softening as before it had sharpened into slits in anger that someone only got away with a wound to the face. "I've never actually been to this village but they often have..festivals to celebrate the peace between the races. You'll see Vampires, Werewolves, fairies, elves all in one place and no problems with occur. Just how everything should be but it's mostly an Elven Village when there is nothing going on...Which suggests, the person you helped was an Elf that resides here?" A grin burst free, tugging at the corners of her lips and she placed her hand on Josh's forearm. "Thank you for helping my kind. It's why I'm here in fact. To help everyone I can...But with this place, the only person who needed help was me getting up from that floor." She laughed delicately, her gaze falling to her hand on his arm and she wrenched it away, tucking it behind her back with the other.
Back to top Go down
Josh Dragomir
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Josh Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 8:26 am

He was rather surprised to learn that she actually knew quite a bit about human wizarding politics and rich and influential families and all of that. A brow quirked. I mean, sure, she was part of the Elven Council, but what did the elves care about who had what influence in the human's wizarding world, right? Still, he supposed at the very least, he didn't have to do any explaining later if it became necessary.

"And a pleasure to meet you as well. I guess that voids the need for some big revelation later, when we've become exceedingly close and I passionately tell all" The blonde would joke with a laugh in turn.

Well, he hadn't meant to point out that it was an elf in particular he had helped out, but she seemed to connect the dots considering it was an elven village. He would smile, and nod in turn to answer her question.

"Like I said, it's nothing. Just doing the right thing like anyone else should do" He spoke, shrugging casually.

"And hey, it's easy to get carried away and fall when someone's dancing as well as you were."

With that tease, the cheeky grin returned. It was nice to be able to banter back and forth with someone, really. It was nice to have that trust, and he'd found he had found that trust in her rather quickly. Now the question was if she could keep it.
Back to top Go down
Celaena Nightingale
Unsorted
Unsorted
Celaena Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 9:07 pm

Celaena was a woman, an elf, who knew more than she let on. She hadn't had many human interaction but she knew nearly everything there was about the Wizarding and Muggle world for it was a secret dream of hers to travel around the both of them; of course she'd still stick with her elven roots but the other worlds intrigued her.

She let out a laugh at his tease, her cheeks only a light pink now as she slowly got over her embarrassment and she couldn't help but smirk. "Oh so you expect us to get close, Josh?" She teased and she noticed how he so easily shrugged aside the fact that it was a big thing he did. "I'm going to make a guess that you're a Gryffindor...That is the Brave house, is it not?" Celaena mused, her head tilted to the side in thought.

Her blush came back full force, not used to this kind of banter unless it was with her brother and the guards at the kingdom and she moved her hair to the side. "Oh how you flatter me, good sir." She said, curtsying with a wide smirk and put her arms behind her back, rocking on her feet. "Am I allowed to get you a drink and out of this crowd or would you rather stand here and wait for another woman to dance into you?" Celaena offered, her smirk never fading.
Back to top Go down
Josh Dragomir
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Josh Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 11:35 pm

"Well, that depends on if you -want- to get close" He would tease, that cheeky, playful grin showing itself again. "I could never inconvenience a lady like that without her permission, of course... Especially one with your looks" He teased back, another laugh escaping him as he seemed to be enjoying himself at the very least.

To her guess, he would nod his head. "How'd you guess?" He remarked in turn, the look on his face saying that a tease was inevitable. "As far as you know, I could just be a really warm Slytherin."

It was nice, really. How quickly he'd warmed to her and was able to talk back and forth, as though they hadn't just met. And as though neither of them were important people who couldn't be as casual as one might expect them to be above.

"Well, if I had a choice of who to dance with, it'd be you. Of course... Unless you're waiting on someone and I should leave you be" He teased playfully. "I'd be fine to get away from the crowds and getting a drink though. Large crowds aren't my strong point."
Back to top Go down
Celaena Nightingale
Unsorted
Unsorted
Celaena Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 11:51 pm

Celaena's lips curved into a smile, his tease completely welcomed. "I certainly wouldn't mind. Although, I didn't see you the kind of guy to want to get close purely because of my ever so lovely looks." She teased, not being afraid to admit that she found herself pretty. Due to being an Elf, it was biologically impossible to be ugly.

She couldn't help but roll her eyes, a casual action that showed just how comfortable she was in the human's presence. "I've not heard of many Slytherins being described as warm but I wouldn't hold it against you if you were. But I'd have to say the sorting had you all wrong if they placed you in that house. You'd be the...Badger house at best." She teased, knowing the badger house was the least desired of them all.

Celaena liked how comfortable she was, how easy it was to talk without feeling awkward and even though she just met the man, she felt as though their friendship could be seen as close in the future. "I'll have you know that my only dancing partner is my brother and I assure you, he'd let me nowhere near you. And about your drink, follow me. I saw a place on my arrival." She admitted.

She led him through the outskirts of the crowd, occasionally being spun by someone and she let out a small laugh until she grasped Josh's hand, pulling him inside one of the buildings and it immediately was quieter than the outside, the chatter soft and she led him towards one of the booths. "Don't order anything on the elf section. Elven food is known to be quite addictive and I can't have an addicted human on my hands. The Gods know how that'll turn out. There's always a human section so please, take your pick. I'll pay." Celaena offered, gesturing to the menu and her eyes crinkled as she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Josh Dragomir
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Josh Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 12:23 am

"I wouldn't say being absolutely stunning is the whole reason either" He teased back immediately, no skip of the heartbeat whatsoever. He didn't have to hesitate, it was a habit of his, he tended to think quickly and speak quickly. It was a good skill to have in a duel as well, mind you... And it might be a part of why he was considered one of the better duelists among the seventh years in this coming year. She was definitely lucky when it came to being naturally beautiful though, he'd seen many a human and of other races that... Weren't so fortunate.

Of course, even without her looks, she was certainly fun to be around at least. Though he laughed again when she joked about housing. "I'm in Gryffindor, no worries. You guessed right. I suppose the hat got me right after all" He cheeked in turn. "I'd say you would probably end up in..." He began as he would playfully give her a little once over. "... Hufflepuff."

Though he laughed again when she brought up her brother. "That's a shame. Do I have to ask him for your hand? In dancing, I mean" He joked back with another grin. And off they went, him having to stop each time she was spun until she decided to grab his hand. Lacing his fingers between hers once again, he would follow behind her as they went until they reached their destination. It was quieter. Less crowded. He let out a breath from there, and it was clear that he felt more comfortable in a quieter area.

"I'll keep that in mind" He would respond when she mentioned not to order anything from the Elven section. Why there'd be a human section was beyond him, but he wasn't one to complain. He would look over the menu before peering over at her.

"So I hope you don't mind if I mention, but... Aren't you a little young to be serving on a large scale council for your people? You don't look much older then I do" The blonde would observe aloud. "That speaks nothing of your qualifications, of course. But in our culture, someone my age probably wouldn't hold such a lofty role or position, especially in something such as leadership. While age doesn't always equal wisdom or capability, it's one indicator they prefer to use for certain things here and there."

A wry smile crossed his lips. "Or did you get the position by captivating them with your beauty, and your witty personality?"
Back to top Go down
Celaena Nightingale
Unsorted
Unsorted
Celaena Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 12:39 am

Celaena smirked at his tease, enjoying how free his tongue was. Most people in her home would refrain, even after marriage to say such flirtatious things and she enjoyed the looseness of the conversation. She was a flirtatious person herself, cheeky even and the only time the Kingdom was 'loose', was when she pranked even the highest of ranked people. The laughter would always be something she remembered.

"Hufflepuff? And here I thought you were charming. You're supposed to tell me I'm the best house there is and after a while, then tell me I'm the worst house." She said, playfully pouting and then stuck out her tongue, her action childish but it was rare for her to be so childish now that she's eighteen. 

Just as she thought about the rarity of amusement, it seemed his curiosity got to him and she beamed a smile. "I'm eighteen and Elves are actually far more intelligent than any of the other species. At the age of one, we've already walked, talked and danced. My family is actually extremely close to the royal family and as my father is the war councillor, I had been invited five years ago to join but I declined, asking to join when I was eighteen. Due to my young age, they believed I would be of use." 

Celaena explained, ordering an elven tea with a kind smile after she spoke before casting her gaze back onto Josh. "I'd like to say it was because of that but once you see the rest of these elves, you'll notice that I'm actually one of the plainer beings." She said, a dark dusting of a blush growing on her cheeks. "And my witty personality is described as rude in my world. Because of my high title, criticism is not that far away and that's why I keep it hidden. These people don't know who I am, or what family I belong to and I love that. But tell me more about you, I'm just rambling." She said, her blush growing darker.
Back to top Go down
Josh Dragomir
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Josh Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 1:16 am

Josh had always been like this, really. At least, since his time in school had hit it's stride. He was open and honest, and didn't like to tell a lie. If he could help it, he would never tell one, and he did his best not to in any situation if at all possible. He spoke his mind and spoke his heart, and loved to make people laugh in the process. Some looked at him as a free spirit. Others looked at him like a punk. Others knew him as just... Well... Him.

But in truth, he was just an intelligent man with a heart of gold, who wanted to do right by everyone. His jokes, and flirtations were to bring laughter, bring a joy that came with laughter that while fleeting, was repeatable. In a world filled with sorrow, a repeatable joy was a gift, one that he loved to give when he could. It was the least he could do, after all. It was just who he was.

"Hufflepuff are smart, no? A little squishy, but certainly intelligent" He teased back with a grin. "There isn't really a best or a worst, love. Each has their own strengths and weaknesses. God knows that if I had gotten hurt going after that mugger, I'd be at home right now being called stupid and reckless. But my folks never found out" He remarked with a smirk. "I wouldn't say any of the houses were an insult."

Of course, he stuck his tongue at her in turn. But not before a remark of "If you keep that tongue out, I might not be able to stop myself from temptation" jokingly as they kept on. She would explain the intelligence factor of her race, and he would shrug his shoulders. "I'll take your word for it" He would remark. "And what do you think I'd count as on the intelligence scale, since you seem to know so much about my people?" The blonde joked in turn with a wry smile.

As he ordered his drink, he nodded again when she'd explain her behavior, and then chuckled in turn. "Oh, I think I get what you mean. I get a lot of the same flack, being from this important and respected family and all. Sometimes people think I'm this little angel... And then the next I'm this mischievous heathen that doesn't deserve my family name. Others criticize me for not taking more pride in the family name, but... Who cares, right? So what if my family is important? It doesn't put me above anyone else, does it? I'm still a person. They're still people. It just puts me in more position, with more responsibility - to help others, if anything. If I've been fortunate, it's only right to help those who aren't."

He shrugged, then, when she wanted to hear more about him. Though he did notice the dark hints on her cheeks, and quirked a brow... "You're cute when ypu blush, by the way" He teased cheekily in turn. "But... To be honest, there isn't much to say about me. I was born to, I guess they like to call it a Pureblood family. My father is an Auror. My mother is a caretaker for dragons. I go to Hogwarts, I'm going into my final year there, and I'm hoping to become an Auror myself when I finish out. There isn't a whole lot past that, really" He would explain. "I'm just wanting to help people best I can. No matter who or what they may be."
Back to top Go down
Celaena Nightingale
Unsorted
Unsorted
Celaena Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 1:54 am

Celaena stared down at her hands, the talk of Hogwarts made her long to attend the school but alas, it was not possible. "I have been told by one of the few humans I have met that Hufflepuff was the least desired. It went Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin and Gryffindor. Hence why I only truly remembered it being called the Badger house as he was a Slytherin." She admitted, her tone soft as she was ashamed that she judged so quickly from someone else's opinion. "Forgive me for judging so sharply."

Though, his comment about temptation did startle her and she smiled wildly, cheekily even and she toyed with the flowers on the table. "And what temptation is calling you, Josh?" She teased in return before tilting her head in thought, staring him over with sharp eyes. "I'd see you as someone having a high rank. Your way of seeing life and how you act at certain situations is something we seek in our people, for our warriors actually and if you don't like fighting, probably an adviser." She guessed, not knowing him well enough to make a full opinion but from what she knew and could tell, he was most definitely a warrior type man.

Celaena couldn't help but smirk, her eyebrow raising when he said that some people saw him as an angel and she let out a laugh. "I may have only just met you but I know you are no angel." She commented before shaking her head at the mention of what people say about his family. "As long as you and your family are happy with yourselves, there is no reason for people to make opinions. Even though our species are different, people still treat others the same way no matter what kind of blood runs through their veins. We should all live in peace like this Village does." Celaena mused, staring around them and her eyes locked onto a fairy and vampire couple who seemed so happy. 

Celaena's eyes latched onto Josh again, them growing in shock at his comment about her blush. "If you make comments like that, it'll just get worse!" She scolded him playfully, covering her cheeks with her dainty hands and smiled thankfully at the woman who passed them their drinks. She lifted up the tea cup, blowing at the hot liquid where the smell of flowers and fruits filled the air. "I understand what a Pureblood Family is. It's what I am too. Hence my connection to the Royal Family." She then leaned closer, her eyes shining in great interest. "A Caretaker of Dragons? Your mother...sounds incredible. You must bring her here so she can see our Kingdom's Dragons. I'd love to see what she thinks of them. You've also picked a very mighty career. I would very much like to see Auror Josh Dragomir." She commented, her smile was kind as always and she leaned back, realising how up in his face she was. Celaena couldn't help but be happy and excited that someone was like her; just wanting to help everyone.
Back to top Go down
Josh Dragomir
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Josh Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 2:25 am

The blonde would shrug his shoulders in response. "No big deal, really. I mean, that's just their opinion. Some people see certain houses as undesirable, but I'm just glad that I was sorted into the house that fitted who I was. That's all I can really say on the matter" Josh would remark in turn. "What house you're in really isn't a reflection of who you are. It's a judgement made by a magical entity that peers deep into your heart, and your soul, and issues you to where he thinks you belong. It doesn't dictate a thing, it never has and never will. And when you step outside of those doors from Hogwarts... Step into that real world... None of that matters. What matters is what -you- allowed yourself to become with the people you surrounded yourself with. Whether based on who and what you were placed in, House-wise... Or by some other measure. It's all on you to choose your fate, who you are, and your path. The Sorting Hat only chooses a home for you. But never your destiny. Never your fate. Desirable or not... Each house is only meant to be a reflection of what something sees in you. You can be proud of it, and move on... Or you can let it consume you, whether out of said pride, or in disappointment. I can't recall how many times I've dealt with those in houses such as Slytherin who feel they must behave based on the mantra of a snake. And look at me and scoff because I wear red, for a house they do not like. But... I don't care, really. I've never cared. When I step outside those walls, it won't matter if they were a Gryffindor, a Hufflepuff, a Ravenclaw or even a Slytherin. If they're in need, if they're in danger... If I want to one day be an Auror, i need to know not to see them by labels. I need to see them as people. People can work together to accomplish great things if they can just let go of the precipice of hatred, of bitterness, jealousy, greed, and disdain for one another based on labels, based on race, based on an opinion of who or what they are. If I see a man about to be mugged, like I did before... It didn't matter if his ears were flat or pointy. It didn't matter what his colors were. It didn't matter if he was once a Slytherin. I still helped him. And I'd still do the same, no matter who it was. And I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Not for reward, not for influence, not because someone might make it worth my while... Not so I can wave it in their faces. But because it's the right thing to do. I wish more had that same opinion, but I understand that people are different. Even among the same races, the same colors... We are all different. And I accept that. Even if there are traits that I feel disdain for. But whether they have those traits or not... To be an Auror, I need to know to still be able to do my job, regardless of my opinion. I'm to protect -people-, not a certain type of people. Not someone flying a certain flag or a certain color...

People."

When she would call him on the temptation comment, he had to think it over for a moment. What does one say to someone of her stature, without risking serious consequence. Josh may be casual, free spirited and one to speak his mind, but he didn't tend to do so without thought, without the mind that something he might say may cause harm. He didn't always use it through to the potential that he should, but he did what he could. It did tend to get him in trouble though, even then...

"I'd say the temptation that someone would get upon seeing your beautiful face, your playful charms, and your wit up close and personal. Also with that tongue hanging out in tease is a plus" He spoke as his voice would hush to a whisper so as not to attract attention to them. He knew that these were words of a joke between them, but others might not see it that way. "But I will say this... If I were your betrothed and not a mere stranger you met in the dancing circle who's size managed to knock you over, and his wits kept you at his side with bated breath as to what might come next... I would take you by the hand, gently pull you in and place a long, wicked kiss upon your silky, gentle lips. I might not even be able to help myself and find private quarters, I might have just done so right here with no care to background or witness, with how much you tease me so. I'd have wrapped an arm around your curvaceous waist, pulled you close and tight, and embraced with a kiss -  a passionate fire of a kiss that the fairies would sing of if they grew to find wind of it - of the fire, the passion brought about by roaring temptation. A tongue would dance and make yours pay in physicality for teasing me so. A hand would caress and play with your hair, and in those moments, it would seem as though we were the only ones in this room. And perhaps, then, I'd realize the reality of our location. To then? A change of said location. And alone and in close quarters, an unleashing of every passion held in my body, held inside and brought out only by your teasing and temptations of me. And perhaps, from there, well... Sticking your tongue as so at me truly is a naughty sort of action, no? In my culture, we had a response to that, that fits the crime quite well... Although I'm not sure of if your people would be familiar with it."

"But alas, I guess we'll never find out. As I'm not your betrothed, am I? I'm simply the man you met in a dancing circle, brought to your life by accident. Or by fate, who knows? Who really knows?"

This large-scale tease was finished with a playful wink. He indeed did have a philosophical and even a poetic side, and it seemed that it had snuck into his intended playful teasing. He probably shouldn't tell that he did indeed write poems on his spare time, for kicks... She might think him for an average, proper gentleman!

He would quickly move to the next topic, unless she decided to stop him and focus on the at-length flirtation. The wry smile on his face though, at least told that he was joking around and just overall having a good time. It also spoke volumes of the levels of comfort she'd brought out in him so quickly. Words like that, he wouldn't have normally said to someone of her stature. He tried to be cautious, tried to be careful, he at first tried to be polite and try to dodge anything risque...But somewhere along the way, it was tangled with other ends of his personality, and in the climax of things simply became a fancy pants version of what he was trying -not- to say.

Not to say that she wasn't pretty, of course. Or of a great personality. But he did worry that perhaps his words might have offended her. His expression told it, really, mere moments after that playful smile. His expression betrayed him. While he'd been confident in those moments of playfulness, his concern for her thoughts on the matter were evident - written all over his face. And it contributed, of course, to how quickly he changed the subject to another thing she had said.

"Well... The intent to being an Auror probably answers your other question, just to mention" He remarked. "I'm curious myself as to what I might find myself getting into as an Auror. But training is going to take me a few years. But... I suppose good things come to those who wait, no? And of course, I agree on your sentiments about family. Just because others disagree with our decision to not inflate ourselves, does not mean we will stop. We are us. We are ourselves. Nothing and nobody can change that. It'd be a disrespect more, to change who we are."

His eyes lit up at the mention of dragons. It seemed his mother wasn't the only one in love with them. Sure, he wanted to be an Auror, but imagine his disappointment when he was told as a child that Dragons were illegal and couldn't be housepets? Oh, he'd been so upset. But his love and fascination for them had not waned, and he felt it in his heart, that in some other world, another version of him might have befriended, bonded with and flown with a dragon, soaring through the skies...

"Oh, she would love that" He spoke in turn with an elated smile. "She's passionate about her work, and loves dragons. She'd love to se the kinds you have here. Personally speaking... So would I."
Back to top Go down
Celaena Nightingale
Unsorted
Unsorted
Celaena Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 2:55 am

Celaena was thankful that he understood her, his words capturing her undivided attention and she clasped her hands together, tucking them under her chin as his words sank into her mind. She was one of those people who could listen to a person talk forever, and not let out a single sound as it was their time to release their thoughts. The man before her had a way with words and she was so very, very pleased. "You most certainly fit the bill of an Auror, Josh. There needs to be more people like you in the world. Most definitely." She said, her voice sharp and precise and her smile never faded as she spoke. Never before had she met someone who seemed so passionate about something.

But then, he spoke of temptation and the hush of his tone ran through her and she blushed darker, her mouth wide in shock. She stammered to reply, not having lost her composure before but then he spoke of a kiss that she hadn't actually had before. "You have a way with words, poet...A man of many skills but you are correct. You are not my betrothed and no betrothed awaits me but if you were, your kiss would ignite the ancient flames in the pit of my belly and your touch would tingle at my skin as though your fingertips hold the power of Zeus' lightning bolts within them. You'd stoke the passion with the sensation of your tongue, claiming the depths of my mouth. I'd surely be honoured with such a passion and adoration claiming my soul." She replied, her own tone hush and she ended it also in a wink, her blush never fading from her cheeks and it only grew, as though his words actually happened. She sucked in a breath, having to calm down her frantic heart with the soothing taste of her Elven Tea.

Celaena most definitely enjoyed their comfortable talk and she then noticed his expression change from the playfulness to the flittering concern and she leaned forward, resting her hand on his and gave him a smile, bashful but still a smile. "You needn't worry, Josh.." She said softly.

"Though your journey to become an Auror may take a while, if you allow me, I'd like to watch you grow to become the Auror you desire to be. Even though we've just met, I see greatness in you and I'd very much like to see you achieve your goals, see you help others. You're right, people shouldn't be such...such...bastards." Celaena said quite bluntly, her use of bad language caused her eyes to sparkle. She swore around her brother but around other people, she refrains in case they see her in a differnet light. She was supposed to be delicate and angelic, an elven goddess as her mother describes and which is why she hated it when Celaena pranked and messed around.

It was noticable that he himself loved Dragons and she couldn't help but laugh at the visible light up of his eyes, the corners of her own crinkling in joy at his expression and her dimples formed at his comment about his mother. "Well, I extend the invitation to you as well. It'd be a pleasure to have the both of you in my home!" Celaena was honest, making a promise to Josh that they would most definitely see each other again, even if she didn't say it out loud.
Back to top Go down
Josh Dragomir
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Josh Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 4:48 am

"Thank you, I appreciate that" He spoke politely in turn with a real, sincere smile. Though he was still worried about her reaction as he had taken a great risk in the amount of detail that he had gone to in his flirtations of her. Of course, the last thing he had expected was for her to respond in kind. He was bewildered, really, it was the first time that she had visibly caught him by surprise since they had met thus far. And of course, afterword, she had made sure to reassure him that she wasn't upset over his words. With that, a smirk crossed his lips. He took a breath, she'd rattled him, again, for the first time since they had met, when thus far he had been calm and collected with slight hints of his emotions underlying, underneath.

"Well, perhaps someday we'll find out. And maybe someday you'll find out what happens to the naughty sorts" He cracked in turn. His confidence had returned, even if what came with it was a faint redness of the cheeks. How he had pretty much told a member of the Elven Council to watch herself or she'd get spanked, without being executed, was beyond him. He didn't know if that was an accomplishment or if he was just lucky that it was Celeana, who seemed to be every bit of the flirt that he was. As her hand rested in his, for a moment he took it and squeezed. For that moment, she could have felt his hand shaking just a bit - revealing the underlying nerves inside hidden under bold and brash confidence. He hid it well, but over time, if she kept her hand there, the shaking would rest as his nerves settled.

"Thank you. It's an honor to hear that from you" He spoke softly again at her words of him becoming an Auror. He hadn't heard words of praise from someone over his ambitions to become an auror before - and especially to this degree. It was nice to hear that someone supported him at least. It made him smile, even if he tried to keep it faint, even if there were traces of a wide, goofy grin in there. When she swore though, he didn't seem to mind. A quirked brow for a moment but he shook it off. He just made a mental note to act the same in kind. An eye for an eye... Except nonviolently, of course.

He didn't know what he was happier about, really. Getting to see the dragons, or the knowing that he'd see her again. "We'd be honored, of course." He spoke gently, though couldn't let it go without at least making some sort of sly joke. With how their relationship had turned out, it wouldn't be right to go without.

"Just remember that means there's one more parent keeping a close, keen, eagle eye on us within the comforts of your home."

A wry grin followed. It was another dirty joke, of course. Nothing new to them at this point.

Back to top Go down
Celaena Nightingale
Unsorted
Unsorted
Celaena Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 11:49 am

It was clear her flirtations were a surprise, her own blush thick on her cheeks as she herself was surprised how bold she was. She could tell it through him off guard and whilst showing how pleased she was that she could, she also worried that lines were crossed with the friendship that was forming. But when he took the breath, she noticed that he was still calm but surprise hid underneath. "And I can't wait for that. I may seem innocent but I'm far from it." Celaena quipped, her gaze casting down to her hands as a sly smile formed its way on her lips. "And you say I'm cute with a blush. You should see yourself." She teased him, her comment so smooth as if the banter that bounced back and forth between them had been something that took years to form - but this was only minutes.

Feeling his hands shake a small bit, her eyes softened and she gave him a gentle smile. The Elf made sure to keep hold, just so she could feel the moment it settled and she stroked her thumb against the back of his hand, her action soothing and reassuring. There was no way she'd want to sit in nervous company, especially when it was someone who so easily portrayed himself as cheeky, easy going and a down right flirt.

"You're welcome, Josh. It'd be an honour to actually witness it.." Celaena said, her honesty so thick in her tone that the smile on her face just grew wider. His reaction to her swearing, even if it was just a little, eased her. It had been only small but enough to reassure her that being the way she was in his company, was perfectly okay.

Celaena laughed, her spare hand covering her mouth as she did so and she shook her head, her eyes forming a wicked glint. "I am sure we can find some way to distract her." She said, smirking and gave him a wink, their flirtatious banter would be something she'd definitely look forward to in the future. She was incredibly happy with the promise that they'd see each other again.
Back to top Go down
Josh Dragomir
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Josh Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 10:41 pm

"Oh, you have no idea what you're getting yourself into, sweetheart" He teased back, his words soft to keep the conversation between them but with a playfulness to his words as well. He wasn't -too- concerned about where their friendship was going so quickly, really. He was more concerned about not offending her, and not causing any problems, while still being able to be as free minded openly as he had been thus far. The last person he'd have expected to support that was a member of the Elven Council, but it seemed they were kindred spirits in that she felt the same to an extent.

To her tease, he playfully squeezed her hand a bit. "Don't push it, darling" He teased back with a smirk. It was interesting, aye, how in just a few short minutes it was as though he had known her for years. They really had become fast friends in this instance. Perhaps it was just how well their personalities meshed? They came from similar backgrounds with similar personalities, after all.

Noting the massage of his hand for a moment, he didn't seem to mind, and only tightened his grip just a little in response. Though her flirtatious response brought a guffaw out of him as he casually sipped his drink with his free hand. "Oh really now? You really aren't as innocent as you make people think, are you?"
Back to top Go down
Celaena Nightingale
Unsorted
Unsorted
Celaena Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 10:54 pm

Celaena couldn't help but smirk, leaning closer as though she were telling a secret and she locked eyes with him. "I assure you, Josh, I do have an idea of what I'm doing and it brings me great delight to tell you that I have no intention of walking away." She admitted, her tone gentle and hush and she leaned back, sipping at her tea with a wicked grin. She was comfortable now, their bantering made her feel like they'd known each other for so long.

"Don't push it? Oh, sweetheart," Celaena paused, using his term of endearment with a wolfish smile and she felt as though she looked positively smug. "That's exactly what I intend to do." His playful squeezes of her hand didn't go unnoticed and every time he did it, she would return it and she shuffled in her seat, her foot now pressed against his shin. This new development only caused her grin to grow, until her cheeks began to ache.

Celaena let out a soft laugh, amused at his reaction to her response about distracting his mother and she shrugged her shoulders, her eyes landing onto their hands. "I most certainly am not. I must act innocent in the Kingdom but my mind isn't a very sweet place." Her comment was sly. Despite being physically innocent, there are thoughts locked inside of her head that would say otherwise. "Unless, you like the innocent type? Although, I highly doubt that."
Back to top Go down
Josh Dragomir
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Josh Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 11:10 pm

This was going down a dark path, very fast. Now, make no mistake about it. Josh was no innocent cinnamon roll. He'd gotten down and dirty here and there. Never to the "full" extent, but messing around in Hogwarts in places that people wouldn't find them wasn't new to him whatsoever. And generally it happened because he couldn't keep his mouth shut. This was no different, although he really was enjoying his conversation with her, playful banter and all. It'd felt like they had known one another forever. Granted, with how fast time seemed to flow, at least by what he could tell... It probably wouldn't be long before they had, indeed.

One problem with Josh's flirtatious side though... If responded to in kind, he didn't tend to stop. He could tell this was going south and fast, but he didn't think he'd be able to stop himself. Not that he really wanted to either. And Cel seemed to be the same in that accord.

As she squeezed harder, her foot to his shin, leaning in closer and closer, he knew more and more how south this was going. But part of him didn't really care. He was enjoying himself, and clearly so was she. And of course, he was looking forward to continuing this banter in later visits. But she wanted to be smug, did she? Using the terms of endearment he had been, and trying to push the envelope. Well, two could play that game. His competitive edge was working more then his common sense was right now. Oh, he wouldn't let her outdo him here.

So what did he do? Well, first he responded with "Innocent? Me? Nah, they're no fun" in a tease. But the kicker came with his next action. He would mimic her motion in kind, leaning in himself, one eye at first making sure that others weren't looking. Luckily, with the celebrations and all, the restaurant was close to empty, and short-staffed because of it. Anyone here wasn't even close to them, and especially not looking at them. That was when he leaned in just a little more, until their noses touched again, his lips inches from hers.

"Let me tell you a little secret about what happens to naughty gals like you..." He would whisper against her lips softly.

"... They get spanked."

And with that, he would lean back, and while still holding her hand, casually took a sip of his drink as if he'd said nothing at all. But those traces of a wicked grin told the story.

Back to top Go down
Celaena Nightingale
Unsorted
Unsorted
Celaena Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 11:25 pm

Celaena wasn't one to flirt so openly, only really with the Guards around her age but that was only to catch them off guard when they trained, just so she could get them down. But with a new friend? She had to admit, she quite liked how confident this entire thing made her feel. She definitely liked how he made her feel.

However, it seemed her cockiness had a consequence. He leaned in close, as if mocking her, and her breathing halted when their noses touched. It brought her back only a few moments ago, his hands on her hips and his nose against her own because his strength turned out to be too much and he launched her up from the ground. She could feel his breath on her lips and her eyelids fluttered, staring down at his lips with a slightly open mouth. It felt as though her heart stopped beating because of his proximity and his comment most certainly did not help.

Celaena was stunned, staring over the booth towards him with her eyes wide and slowly but surely, a smile formed just like the blush on her cheeks. "I look forward to learning my lesson for being, as you put it, naughty." She mused, looking at him through her eyelashes to see the wicked grin and in a bold moment, her foot slowly moved higher. "You're quite the charmer, Josh..." She breathed out, her finger tips dancing along his palm lines and moved down to his wrist where she trailed his veins faintly as she knew it was sensitive. "You're the first person to actually make me flustered."
Back to top Go down
Josh Dragomir
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Josh Dragomir

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 11:42 pm

He'd thrown a bold shot, a surprising one at that. He'd figured that her response would be what it was. Her facial expressions, her body language, it told him that he'd won and gotten the better of their little exchange. Although he had noticed her expressions when their noses had touched. The way her mouth opened just a tad, as if expecting, wanting, yearning for something. But of course, it seemed that once again he had underestimated her. Once again she had responded with a jab in kind. And once again she had caught him just a bit off guard. But this time, it didn't seem to effect him as strongly. Moreover, it seemed as though he was kicking himself for not seeing it coming this time. Of next time, he'd know better... He knew her better by now. She wouldn't get him next time. Right?

Josh himself flirted openly from time to time, same as she did. Generally with fellow students for some banter and a good laugh, really, but he couldn't recall the last time that someone had continued it to this degree. He could recall a friend that was close, perhaps, but she had been more actions then words. And it had still been plenty light compared to this. So far, Cel had given him his biggest challenge yet, and part of him wanted to see just how well she could do in a game like this. But another part of him told him that they were getting dangerously close to the point of no return.

Of course... The competitive side won out.

"Oh really now? Well... I'll keep that in mind..." He spoke softly, and just like that, the wicked grin began to form in full force as he looked her dead in the eyes.

"Perhaps afterword, if you want it it enough... Perhaps I'll even kiss it better."

A light chuckle escaped him as he finished his drink. He didn't know if she'd be able to beat that one. Still, the comment about being the first to fluster her puzzled him. She'd not been in this sort of ordeal before, and yet she seemed quite experienced with the idea. Though he noted that she was becoming more and more confident.

He also noted her leg rising, and blinked at first but shrugged it off.
Back to top Go down
Celaena Nightingale
Unsorted
Unsorted
Celaena Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 11:58 pm

Celaena, as embarrassing as it was, still had yet to recieve her first kiss and due to him being so close, her heart still beat frantically in her chest. She saw how it caught him off guard but of course, not like before. Before, she was testing the waters and now they both had dived in so deeply, she could only wonder where it would go next.

The wicked grin was something, even in their short time, she knew meant he was trouble. His comment caused her to lightly laugh and her own wicked grin began to form. "I will tell you this now, Josh, I may want nothing more." She hoped he blushed, or even showed the slightest hints of being shocked by her words. 

Celaena could see the puzzlement in his eyes and knew for a woman who had no experience, she certainly acted like it. She slid her cup to the edge of the table to be collected but she kept her hand in his, enjoying how small she felt when before, she'd try to make herself seem bigger. "However, a simple kiss may not be enough. A spank is enough to ignite only a little passion, a kiss would only stoke the flame but if you want more, I do believe you know the exact thing I'll require to become putty in your hands." She said, a little surprised herself that she continued her flirtations but made no move to show it, only continuing the light caress of his hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Business (Open)   Official Business (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Business (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next